Home free-e with Honda e
Buy a Honda e and get a FREE* Home charge point for your Honda e. Plus save 20% on Green Electricity with Energia.
Switch to 100% green energy and save 20% on electricity
Honda customers will get a free Home Charge Point and 20% discount when switching to Energia. Switch today and charge your new electric vehicle in the knowledge that you are using 100% green electricity.
Look below for the steps to take or contact us with any of your questions.
How To Claim Your Free-E free Home Charge Point
Switch your Energy Account
Once you’ve purchased your new Honda Electric Vehicle, you will receive a call from Energia to switch your electricity account within two working days.
Once your account has been switched, Energia will get in touch and arrange installation of your home charge point. This is a quick and easy process with minimal disruption.
NB: Make sure to check your eligibility for the SEAI grant towards the purchase and installation of your home charge point. You will need to pay €600 upfront for standard installation. If eligible, you can claim the €600 grant from the SEAI which will cover the cost of the standard charger installation. Additional charges may apply for non-standard installations.
The SEAI scheme launched in January 2018 and provides a grant up to the value of €600 towards the purchase and installation of a home charger unit. The applicant must be the owner of an eligible new or second-hand electric vehicle. For full details see seai.ie
Please do not proceed with any charger installation works before the start date on your SEAI Letter of Offer as you may not receive the full grant support available.
For all other details see: energia.ie/honda
- The following terms and conditions apply to the Energia / Honda free home charge point and installation offer, plus 20% discount off Energia green energy. In the event of any conflict, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- Charger Model shown for illustrative purposes and subject to change.
- Free Charger Offer is subject to standard installation and customer eligibility for €600 SEAI electric vehicle home charger grant1.Additional charges may apply for non-standard installations. As per SEAI recommendations an electrical survey may be required prior to install and will incur an additional cost
- One charger installation is applicable per claimant and no cash alternative is on offer. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other promotional discount or offer.
- The offer is open to all retail customers who purchase a new Honda electric passenger car and switch their domestic electricity supply to Energia. The vehicle must be sourced and registered through an authorised Honda EV Dealer in the Republic of Ireland.
- The offer is redeemable through your authorised Honda EV dealer on registration.
- Honda and Energia reserve the right to withdraw the Offer, either generally or in respect of any particular customer, at any time and to vary or amend any element of the Offer at any time without further notice.
- These terms and conditions may be varied or amended by Honda and Energia for any valid commercial, technical or operational reason.
- If you enter into the Promotion you agree that we may use your personal details to administer and run this offer.
- Electricity discount based on Energia standard unit rates. Annual EV Inclusive Cost €2,200.7522 based on average annual usage, 1 year discount on standard unit rates. Includes standing charge, PSO Levy & Carbon Tax. T&Cs & early termination fee of €200 apply. Valid from November 2023, prices subject to change.
- Customers switching their electricity supply to Energia may be required to pay an early termination fee from their current electricity supplier.
2Based on a driving efficiency of 6.3km per kWh of charge, a customer having a 24 hour meter in their home, customer charging their vehicle at 20% discount on our standard unit rates and travelling 13,436km3 in their vehicle per year.
- Make sure to check your eligibility for the SEAI grant towards the purchase and installation of your electric vehicle home charger. For details see seai.ie
- The SEAI Scheme launched in January 2018 and provides a grant of up to the value of €600 towards the purchase and installation of a home charger unit. The applicant must be the owner of an eligible new or second-hand electric vehicle.
- Please do not proceed with any charger installation works before the start date on your SEAI letter of offer as you may not receive the full grant support available.